After the winter of 1797, which was fatal for Karvaiciai village, when the settlement became sandbound for good, a part of the residents moved to Juodkrante and began constructing a church here.
The first church was a wooden one. It was burned down in 1878. In seven years (in 1885) a new church of Juodkrante arose – an impressive Gothic style red-bricked building, which was sanctified the same year.
During the post-War years, this church was turned into a storage-room and only in the seventies it was repaired, and the windows were decorated with stained glass.
A Museum of Miniatures was functioning here for some time. During the period of the second birth of Lithuania, Juodkrante’s church regained its previous status, and worship sessions were organized here again from 1989.
Text extract from the article of N. Strakauskaite in the publication „Neringa“, 1998